Thursday, October 9, 2008

Poem Number 1

The Words I Wept

Talks in class make me fear
Of what will come here after.
No one ever understands
Instead they all bring laughter.

Their laughter hurts
And cuts down deep.
For they don't see
That inside I weep.

I try my best to speak my mind
But nothing comes out right.
I go home saddened, hurt, and scared
That I am not as bright.

My siblings seem to go through life
Without a single care.
No one ever understands,
To me it's just unfair.

And every time the teacher says
that I need to come and speak
the dread comes up, fear falls down,
and then I feel weak.

How can I speak of what I think
When my words are not the same.
My words are wrong, the fear comes back,
and all I feel is shame.

Will I ever want this gift?
I hope I can accept.
It'll be the gift I love
And the last I've ever wept.

No comments: